SAN FRANCISCO, CA -June 28, 2006 – Toolfarm Inc. announced today the acquisition of Buena Software, a plug-in developer for Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, and Autodesk’s Autodesk Combustion. Buena’s products consist of Au Naturel, a plug-in for reproducing photographic effects on video, Depth Cue, a set of plug-ins for adding three-dimensional effects to video, and Effect Essentials, a set of plug-ins for enhancing creativity and productivity for working with video. Toolfarm Inc. will continue to develop and support the plug-ins under the Buena brand.
The Buena Software plug-ins for Adobe After Effects and compatible hosts were developed as effective processing tools to pick up on what the prominent software manufacturers overlooked. The plug-ins range from creative image processing and color manipulation to 3D depth effects.
"As a leader in After Effects plug-in distribution, Toolfarm has always been impressed with the Buena product line. Buena’s tools allow videographers to create unique effects that larger plug-in manufacturers simply do not offer,” said Colin Sharp, Toolfarm VP of Sales and Marketing. Sharp continued, “With this acquisition, Toolfarm can expand on the needs and requests of our customers."
Pricing and Availability
All Buena Software plug-ins are available for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Buena Software Au Naturel is priced at USD $149. Au Naturel works in Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro, Autodesk Combustion and compatible hosts.
- Buena Software Depth Cue, priced at USD $199, is a plug-in for Adobe After Effects.
- Buena Software Effect Essentials for Adobe After Effects and Apple Final Cut Pro retails at USD $249.
- Buena Software Swatch Buckler, a plug-in for Adobe After Effects, retails for USD $49.
- The Buena Fabuloso Gigante Bundle contains Au Naturel, Depth Cue, Effect Essentials and Swatch Buckler is a plug-in bundle for Adobe After Effects which is priced at USD $399. Demo filters and samples are available at www.toolfarm.com.
About Buena Software
Buena Software creates video and image processing tools that offers easy to use, high quality effects. Incorporated in 1996, Buena Software has grown steadily in output and in reputation.
About Toolfarm Inc.
Toolfarm.com, based in San Francisco since 1999, is the leading third-party reseller of After Effects Plug-ins and visual effects tools. Known also for distribution, publishing, service and training, it has become the de facto standard as the one-stop shop for Adobe After Effects Plug-ins as well as motion graphics tools. It also hosts a Plug-in Finder, an online database and search engine of all plug-ins for Adobe After Effects, Premiere and Apple Final Cut Pro.