“Expressions are an advanced feature of After Effects that many editors shy away from. The perception is that you need to be good at scripting to be able to use expressions. But basic expressions are easy to apply using simple point-and-click methods. They’re incredibly useful for adding randomness to animation and effects, linking properties to synchronize animation, or even making effects react to music.
After Effects Expressions for Premiere Pro Editors is a creative, project-based workshop. Editors take a basic Premiere Pro edit and bring it to life using After Effects expressions and Dynamic Link, following author Angie Taylor’s expert instructions. The concepts are broken down into manageable 3–5 minute videos, covering techniques such as randomizing effects, linking animation and color to sound, automating animation, and more.
- Linking footage from Premiere Pro in After Effects with Dynamic Link
- Understanding the expression language
- Automating animation with expressions
- Randomizing effect properties
- Linking color and light changes to audio
- Creating camera shake with a wiggle expressions
- Linking keyframes to create a lightening strike effect
- Synchronizing color and other design elements
- Creating amazing text animations”